Có gì mới?

Marty Schottenheimer dead at 77 NFL worl

L

lovelystyle

Legendary NFL head coach Marty Schottenheimer has died at age 77 after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease.Schottenheimer put together a dazzling career record of 200-126-1, spending 20 years as a head coach with the Browns, Chiefs, Washington Josh Richardson Jersey and Chargers. He last coached an NFL game in 2006, being ousted as Chargers head coach after a playoff lo s to the Patriots.Schottenheimer is one of just seven NFLcoaches who have won at least 200 games in their NFL head coaching career, but he is the only former coach in that group not enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The others: Don Shula, George Halas, Tom Landry and Curly Lambeau.Andy Reid and Bill Belichick also have over 200 wins apiece, but are active coaches.Unfortunately for Schottenheimer, playoff succe s often eluded his teams, thanks in part to difficult roads his squads had to travel in postseason play. Of those six other coaches with 200 wins, Schottenheimer is the only one without a championship ring, with a 5-13 career postseason record. His teams reached the AFC championship game three times: twice with the Browns, losing to John Elway and the Broncos and once with the Chiefs, losing to Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly and the Bills in 1994.As a player, Schottenheimer played for five seasonsin the NFL with the Bills and then Boston Patriots, pre-merger, as a linebacker. Known for his rah-rah speeches and fiery demeanor, Schottenheimer was also the father of "Marty Ball," a conservative-yet-effective approach to offense in the leaguethat oftenearned him scorn and criticism for its run-first approach.Schottenheimer's son Brian also has Tyrell Terry Jersey spent time as an NFL coach, most recently as the offensive coordinator for the Seahawks. He is currently the pa sing game coordinator for the Jaguars.Schottenheimer's legacy as a legendary head coach in the NFL has endured, and has earned him praise, respect, admiration and remembrance from all corners of the NFL world.Sad day for me. We have lost a great Coach, Man, Father and Husband in Coach Marty. I love you and you will be mi sed. Sending my condolences to Schottenheimer Family!!! ANTONIO CROMARTIE (@CRO31) I want to extend my heartfelt condolences to the entire Schottenheimer family.Statement from Ozzie Newsome. Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) I learned to love the while watching Marty Ball and the 1985 .Kevin Mack and both rushed for 1,000 yards and rookie did the rest. They made the playoffs at 8-8 and almost beat in Miami. I was hooked.RIP, Marty Schottenheimer. Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano) So sorry to hear about the pa sing of Marty Schottenheimer. He was a great man and a great coach. He impacted so many lives for the better, including mine. My heart goes out to the Schottenheimer family. Tony Dungy (@TonyDungy) Marty Schottenheimer was an amazing HC.Led Browns to back-to-back AFC Title GamesImmediately turned Chiefs into winnersCoached KC to AFC's #1 seed twiceChargers best record ever (14-2)Eleven 10-win seasonsTwo DeAndre Jordan Jersey losing seasons in 21 years13 playoff appearances Damon Amendolara (@DAonCBS) We mourn the lo s of the legendary Marty Schottenheimer. NFL (@NFL) Marty Schottenheimer won a lot with the Browns, Chiefs and Chargers. Also built quite a coaching tree. On the 1990 staff alone ... DC Bill Cowher DBs coach RBs coach Scout Herman EdwardsAlso on that staff: Howard Mudd, Al Saunders. Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) Reggie Langhorne on Marty Schottenheimer:"Schottenheimer was a hell of a coach and we all respected him. We didn't make many mistakes under him." Steelers Takeaways (@PittsburghSport) Marty Schottenheimer, 1943-2021.We lost a great Pitt man today. Pitt Football Nate Hinton Jersey (@Pitt_FB) "There's a gleam, men."Marty's inspirational words hit differently today. Rest in Peace Coach Schottenheimer. NFL Films (@NFLFilms) Rest in peace Coach. Arrowheads Abroad (@KCChiefs_UK) RIP Marty Schottenheimer, great coach, leader and team builder. His 200 wins are Hall of Fame worthy. Michael Lombardi (@mlombardiNFL) Great Marty Schottenheimer story: In 2001, Deion Sanders retired rather than play for Marty in Washington. In 2002, Marty coached the Chargers. Washington released Deion's rights so he could join the Raiders for Super Bowl run. Marty claimed Deion on waivers, blocking the move. ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) R.I.P. to Marty Schottenheimer, Dorian Finney-Smith Jersey who was uni-notable for his prodigious nameplate. Paul Lukas (@UniWatch) Statement from Dan and Tanya Snyder on the pa sing of Marty Schottenheimer Washington Football Team (@WashingtonNFL) keeping the Schottenheimer family in our thoughts and prayers Los Angeles Chargers (@Chargers) . on Marty Schottenheimer:"Under Marty we were like the Chiefs. In the AFC Championship every year."Rest in Peace, Coach ESPN Cleveland (@ESPNCleveland) I got into scouting/front office/personnel in 2001 when Coach Schottenheimer became HC in Washington. His leadership, poise, & vision were such that I have often wished that I could have played for him. May he Rest In Peace and my sincere condolences to his family and loved ones. Louis Riddick (@LRiddickESPN)

Bài Viết Liên Quan

L
Trả lời
Xem
lovelystyle
L
L
Trả lời
Xem
lovelystyle
L
L